The abstract submission site is now closed.
Thank you for your submissions!
All notifications have been sent out to the abstract submitter.Please contact our program assistant Anja Kubeneck, if you have not received a letter: email@example.com.
Please note that all presentation decisions made by the Scientific Program Committee that were communicated to the abstract submitters are final and cannot be appealed. Thank you for your understanding.
- Submitted abstracts undergo a blind review by peer reviewers based on scientific merit and originality and/or an explicit relation to practical application.
- While abstracts may be submitted as oral, moderated poster, and unmoderated poster presentation types, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign final presentation type in the best interest of the program.
- Authors are encouraged to submit only one abstract as presenting author.
- The work covered by the abstract must not have been published as a manuscript before August 22, 2014.
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English.
- The abstract deadline is March 3, 2014. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by April 15, 2014. Scheduling details will be communicated at the same time.
- Abstract presenters wishing to benefit from the early-bird registration fee must register by May 15, 2014. Abstract presenters who did not register and pay their fees by June 15, 2014 will be removed from the program.
- Submitters from Developing Countries have the opportunity to apply for the Developing Country Sponsorship Award by indicating their interest during the abstract submission process and uploading their CV. See more details in the Developing Country Sponsorship Award section of the website.
- Size: The size of the abstract (not including references) is limited to 2500 characters including spaces (or approx. to 400 words).
- References count extra in extra field; maximum of 3 references.
- Title: The title should clearly define the topic and contain no abbreviations. There is a limit of 200 characters.
- Authors: Take care to list ALL authors in the relevant section of the submission site. Spell out completely the names of all authors using full first and last names. Maintain consistency in author names on multiple abstracts to avoid duplication in the Author Index.
- Presenting Author: In all publications the presenting author will be underlined.
- Publications must fall under one of the following categories: i) Research reports; ii) Reviews; iii) Policy documents; iv) Status reports.
- For research reports, the body must contain 4 separate paragraphs: a) Introduction and Objectives; b) Methods; c) Results; and d) Conclusions. The abstract should be informative and detailed. Submitters must describe the project’s novelty, and its potential applications to the user sector (e.g. industry, government, consumers).
- For reviews, policy documents and status reports, the body must clearly identify the: a) Purpose; b) Key Findings; c) Future Directions.
- It is NOT acceptable to state that "The results will be discussed." Inclusion of specific data is necessary for reviewers.
- Indicate the major new findings of the study.
- Standard abbreviations may be used as follows: on first use, spell out the full term and follow with abbreviation in parentheses.
- Topic List: Authors must select an abstract topic (only one) from the provided list.
Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Statement
- The submitting author must disclose all conflict/s of interest for ALL authors.
- If ANY of the authors has an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a commercial organisation that may have direct or indirect connection to the content of your presentation, it is considered a conflict of interest and must be disclosed.
- It is not necessary to be specific about the relationship to the organization (for example "advisory board"), nor is it necessary to identify which author is related to which organization. Only company/organization names need to be disclosed.
Collaboration with Elsevier
We are proud to announce that Elsevier is offering abstract submitters of the IUFoST 2014 World Congress the opportunity to get their full-length paper published in a special edition in one of the following journals:
- Food Research International
- Trends in Food Science & Technology
- Food Quality and Preference
- Food Structure
Submitters who are interested in submitting a full-length paper must indicate their desire on the abstract submission form by specifying the relevant journal. The abstract review committee along with the journal editorial team will then determine the highest quality absrtacts; authors of these will be invited to prepare a full paper to be considered for peer review and publication in one of these Elsevier journals.